Friday, February 5, 2010

"GRANDPA"

With a complaint picked

Out of a pile of thousands,

And in dream filled eyes,

Creating an imaginary heaven,

I whispered to my Grandpa,

“Grandpa,

My eyes do not see anything precious,

My soul knows no peace

I still am living, where you left me

Not very differently than

So many years back,

When I used to exist hopelessly,

So futile in this earth,

Looking for same old, everyday nourishments of pleasures,

Yes, same as before,

I could not grow an inch.

I could not move on.



I tried to bottle up my sufferings

As if I was ignoring a small thorn under my boot

Alas!

Poor innocent time is penalized,

My pure energetic hour is murdered

A beautiful flower is faded away

Even before it could blossom



My sinful heart regrets each moment

When I think of you,

My aim is just a foregone devastation

In the ‘hide and seek’ of thoughts

Which are as complicated as the oceanic waves.

I tried to pluck the rose of this wonderful life,

But these thorns pricked me

Making my heart bleed

Gandpa! It really hurts,

Every second it burns.



Grandpa!

I have nothing here

I have no one to talk to.

The selfish moon could not lighten my heart,



The brilliant sun could not play his part.



Neither the youthful fantasies excite me

Nor any ambitions energize me.

My soul stays gloomy

Striving to find your soul

My consciousness is just so weary,

Thirsting to unite with the super soul

I am trying it hard to keep myself integrated

I am, in vain,

Trying to hypothesize the taste of undrunk ambrosia

I have, whatsoever, no alternatives.



Granpda,

You are ruling over billion stars,

You are enjoying the whole cosmos

You and I are different

I am a beggar, deserving nothing

Yet we had same blood some day,

Can you reason that way?

Can you, for our ever-lasting soul synchronism,

Send me some glittering stars, those unselfish, sinless saints?

I will keep my eyes fixed at the horizon…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *