Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow and Selfish People

Mother Nature is melting down. It was some snow… alright. Never had it nauseated me like this before. Last month I was exposed to 18 inches of show for more than a week and I still loved it in DC. But snow in Texas is something. People were enjoying snow and I was really torturing myself. I could have gotten out of this but I am not that brave. This stupid genuineness in my heart has all proven to be too much torture for myself lately. I don’t know when to say no and people don’t know when to stop asking. There is not even a single reasonable soul I have seen lately. Beauty in their souls has been lost. Only the remains of old, trashy, useless stupid and selfish feelings has been in people’s mind. Even a dove in an ugly crowd of crows would look weird. So is happening to me.

People care about themselves. Who cares about others? No one! And each of these people keep sympathizing themselves: I have friends… I have boyfriends...I have girl friends… the hot girl next door smiled at me today…the gas station clerk told to me- “have a nice day”… tomorrow is valentine’s day… may be I will met someone nice in the party… may be God is watching over me…etc. At the end of the day, people will acknowledge that they were punked. But it will be too late. Like the snow, it will be too much. When there is too much of anything, it becomes valueless. Actually it negatively affects our lives. It becomes ugly. Even the purest water will be toxic to us if it’s too much.

Snow was too much yesterday. I spent the whole day in my favorite corner of my room, writing and revising. Yet, there were so many objections. There were so many interventions. They keep disturbing me for stupid reasons. People care about their business; they don’t want to know my problems. The journey is long and the roads are slippery but I cannot stop. Yeah! Literally and metaphorically. My car was skidding and sliding and I had couple close calls on the first day. But it was not my time to rubble yet. Time will ripe, and snow will completely melt, and sunshine will be obvious but I doubt people will become more conscious about their selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *