Monday, March 16, 2015

Pushing the Rock Uphill


When man is utterly helpless, he throws out his hand, looks up to the sky and asks- “WHY?” He weeps in private, or in the shower, because he does not want to show the world that he is a coward. Who does not want to know the cause of all cause. Does he not look for hope in churches, mosques and temples…and ask again- “WHY?

Temple answers- your deeds in your last life.ho
Church says- Adam, Original Sin.
Mosque commands- God’s will, you have no say.
Jains- Go naked.
Stupas- Desires, expectations, shave your head, wear orange.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Source: Google pic

The pettiness of human life is often underlined, explained inasmuch as vaguely, in spiritual terms, as Jesus telling parables to stone-age, stupid, uneducated,   showy,  primitive and uncultured savages,  ironically had a high opinion of themselves. They considered themselves “God’s chosen” but were ridiculously unaware of any geography, history, science, arts, music, religion, literature, philosophy, and other civilizations. One example of confusion goes like this- Jesus commanded them to wash each other’s feet. Now was that literal or figurative? Or was it literal then and metaphorical now? Or was it relevant then and not now? Or is anything relevant at all? Is that how you better yourself than other race and religions? I am still scratching my head.

When some pastor in North Carolina wants to put queers and sinners, (his one words) inside a150-200 miles wall, electrified strongly, and wants to wait till they die because they can’t reproduce, and his crowd exclaims “Amen”, one has to think if there is any empathy left in this Noble religion. If someone goes to church to observe fellowship, he becomes a ‘brother’, and if he does not, he is a candidate for electrified chamber?

Read Quran, pray five times, don’t eat pig, says the Imam. Go to jungle, shave your head, renounce everything at once, go orange says the other. Break the bread till he comes says another. And when there is so much weakness, confusion, helplessness and hopelessness in us, no one is honest enough to proclaim- “I really don’t know, I wish God was real.” Very few are brave enough to admit that.

There is no easy way out. Empathy has died. So has God. Only religions have multiplied over centuries. There is no mercy, no compassion in the heart of one human being for his fellow humans. “Brother, I will pray for you” one says, “Although I can’t guarantee you that it will work,… and again, leave it to his will, wait till his time.” If I can’t present my own case to God, what good of purpose does a praying for others serve? All my virtue, such as sacrifice, love, care, nobility, compassion, and humility does not play any role in the consideration? All humans’ potential virtues are shadowed, undermined, rubbished, down casted…just to yield to the good works of Prophets, sermons of the messengers, parables of the saviors, and of manifestation of God’s incarnations?  My super-great Grandfather ate a fruit, and started the downfall, and all I can say now is -“Okay God, your will not mine”? I still have to pray, and wish that everything is going to be OKAY in the END? Are you saying- for now, I just have to push a big rock up a steep mountain by myself, and common sense tells me that it will roll back down to the bottom, I still try to push it up and when it accelerates down to the bottom, I have to wonder, pray again, doubt, question, but nonetheless, I have to try again to roll it back up the hill, knowing now the rock is going to do the same? (I love Greek mythology.) Read about Sisyphus here.


Brothers! We are all alike. There is no doubt. I can’t carry your burden, nor can you. Your God must be my God. What touches you must touch me somehow. What constitute you must be in me too.  Do you really think there are different versions of God? May be Just like Gibran imagined-May be, there were ‘good God’ and ‘bad God’, both met, Good one said –‘Hello brother!’ Bad God did not answer. ‘Why?’ asked the Good God. Bad God replied- “For of late, I have been often mistaken for you, called by your name, and treated as if I were you, and it ill-pleased me.”
‘Same doeth the Human thinking me as I were you’- said the Good God.

Both probably then walks away cursing the stupidity if humans…  As I am writing this, brother! I am cooking my own meal, washing my own laundry, condemning the religious people, and surviving myself in this ill-fated confusing world. Please pray for me as well as for yourself, because as indicated in good book – ‘thee shall probably get to reap the fruit of thy labor.

May 23, 2012  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *