Sunday, March 15, 2015

My Favorites- Stock Market Investment News, Analysis & Research Sites

Traders and Investing enthusiasts,
Investing has broad scope. For beginners like myself, excessive researches and reading is necessary to understand it better. I use websites, screeners, and applications to educate myself. Here is list of some of my favorite sites that are useful in making investing or trading decisions. I use most of them for research and information. They are in random order as I am not going to rank them. Please check the respective links to learn more about them.


Which investor would not  know about yahoo finance? This is a basic yahoo network site where stock symbols can be looked up and researched. You can look up the company Balance sheet, Income Statement, and Cash flow Statement etc. for free. It also provides with analyst recommendation (please do your own research also). It basically contains most of all the financial information on a company you want to look for.

As name suggests, Google finance is not much different from yahoo finance. Sometime Google contains information that yahoo does not (or its the other way around.) It is usually my supplement source for financial information. You can also make portfolio and track it over time.

I love this guy. This is handy for day trader or trend traders, as I like to call them. This is stock chart that provides  live charts on a dark background. You can customize it also. Adding indicators and  making portfolio to track stocks of the choice is easy. Day traders love this site. The tools and technical analysis is very impressive. Check out.

Similar to FreeStockCharts but this guy wants your money. The free service is minimal. The premium service cost money. There are some predefined charts that has predefined criteria such as 52 week high, 52 week low or MACD crossover etc which cuts researcher's time and energy. I am not a great fan of the layout of the site.

This site is full of information. It contains a lot. It has top breaking news, stocks news, earning reports, and lots and lots of articles from lots of contributors. I follow some to see what they have to say. Most are honest, others- I feel are paid to write the way they write. Do your own research but it is a great resource. It can be overwhelming at first because there is so much different opinions and information on article. Be careful to jump right to it.

I watch Bloomberg TV and see the Bloomberg website too, sometime. It has great article, interviews with financial people and lots of other information about stock market. I have not subscribed anything but somehow they found my address and are sending me the magazines too. Its free- I will take it.  This website is always delivering breaking news or so it calls it.

All the stock news, about stocks in general-  past, present and the future, is talked about here. I usually use this site to look for earning dates, ex dates, dividend history and company overviews. Mostly the information are current and very reliable.  

This is my favorite. I call this one " The best stock screener." I use only for screening stocks to buy. It has news and articles but I rarely read them. They look ugly and boring in the 'list' format. But for screener no other screener can even come close to beat this one. This guy can select the stocks that you want. You can look up for stocks by your desired fundamentals, technical, news, earning dates, and so on. It is a massive stock search site.

Last but not the least, if you are new or you are confused on what the word 'ex-dividend date' means, please go to this website. This is the one stop shop to know about definition and general knowledge about investing. As it is said- learn to walk before  run- beginners should be familiar with the language of investing.

I check few other sites as Motley fool, MarketWatch, and Wall Street but not religiously. There are many other sources that I did not mention which could be equally useful for investors and trading enthusiasts.


Again, do your own research and happy investing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *