Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My Simple Investing Reason

For few years, I followed the stock market, I read about investing, growth, retirement, and money. Then I started to experiment myself. I am fascinated by how western world work versus the eastern world in regard to investment. In eastern world, especially, south east Asia, children are considered to be the investment (of course-literally as well), whereas western world, investment is purely monetary and about finance. Eastern parents think if they raise kids in a proper way, their kids will look after them when they grow old. They save and spend everything for the kids. Western folks have nursing home waiting for them in their old age. If they invested in time, gained some wealth and saved for retirement, it might come handy-otherwise there is lot of trouble, anxiety and depression. Financial freedom, and independence is absolute requirement if we live in western world.


I really do not care about retirement. In my culture, I will inherit my father's property and land etc. I was fortunate enough to be from a middle class family. I do not worry about what will future be like. I am not depending on my father's house or land per say but I know if something happens, I can fall back.  Who in the right mind want to be dependent on parents? I have my base camp if I cant storm the weather-that is all. 

I am not desperately after money. But investing has fascinated me. Stock market, bonds, and other investment are really a game. All we have to do is abide by the rule and play the game. I am learning and having fun at the same time. I do not think more money will make someone more happy, nor do I dream of becoming filthy rich so that I can afford better thing. I live and will continue to live a simple life. But, I would love to just sit, play games, write and travel while my investment gives me a constant income to aid my happy living.

 I really hate to think that I will be working for some selfish rich guy until I am 65 and ready to die and realize that I did nothing that I really loved in life. I want to work for myself, enjoy, explore, and share my findings. That's my motivation for investing. I want to completely retire by 45. That's my goal in regard to working. I want to build such a portfolio that I will have complete financial freedom and independence.  Time will tell. I will write more about investment ideas, stock market and investment portfolios as time pass by. Follow my journey.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *