Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Westerns, Imaginations and Creativity


Looks like there no more 'western' left. I accidently bumped into 'Purgatory'. For me, the movie flopped big time but I admired their imagination. I like creative design, artistic poetry or any imaginative writing. I always loved the first-come, pure imagination in writers and movie makers. When I think about Purgatory, Heaven, Hell etc... I just start analyzing the historic writings, arts, architecture, poetry from all over the world, (whatever I have read that is). Indian writers are the most creative, imaginative, pure, authentic , first hand, complex but simply amazing. Jews stand nowhere. Coming from Vaisnav background, I can assure you even Jesus didn't describe the hell as much as Ramanuja and Bankatesha did. They have numerous layers and layers of hell, they have names for it, they know the materials, design,  and architecture in it. They even can tell you the name of the gate keepers. Not only that they can even tell who have been dwelling there. So is true about heaven. They know who rules it, they know in heaven who cheated on their wives, who molested neighbors etc.  They know how much gold, diamond, pearl, other material is used to build it, they can tell the exact length and breadth, volume of the rooms, chambers, of all the layers, and categories of heaven. Forget about Mathew, Mark, Luke or even Homer and Dante, they seems so stupid and ignorant, unimaginative, unconvincing in front of Veda  Vyasa and Valmiki and so forth.

In my school days, all I did was read all these junks and also various famous translated literature Like Aama(Mother) -Gorki, 'Crime and Punishment' -Dostoyevsky, Old Man And The Sea- Ernest H  etc... especially during exam weeks. I was addicted, in fact obsessed with the creative writing that I would just pick a random line here and there from those books and used in Social studies, English or Nepali exams . I was too young for those thing, I guess and I was considered very creative and imaginative. Teacher praised me for never copying course books answers, using authentic style , and strangely using typical vocabulary and odd phrases. Truth was:  I never  studied course book, I never practiced problems for Math exam. I did terrible in Maths and Science. Neither was I interested, nor was I talented. But the "Creative, Imaginative guy" soon became my tag, and later, a burden which I changed into encouragement and self study. I just enjoyed Western movies, BP's style, Russians' characters, Indian mystics and sage's vigorous imaginative folktales: the Puranas, Vedas, and Upanishads, and my grandfathers bed time stories and I wonder upon them day and night.

When a primitive Jew writes a story about God, his imagination does not go far. Jews mind is very primitive, unimaginative, small like a peapod, greedy like the "Jew generalization", rather boring and unattractive. Really? I ask... A burning bush? ...That is all you come up for GOD? Is he hairy? I like to ask. For some reason since the Indian subcontinent in full of hairy people, I cannot resist to think: maybe he made Indians little hairy, dark skinned, short,  unattractive, with funny mustaches, and thick tongues, perhaps because only Jews are his people. He hates someone who does not prophesize about Jesus or sacrifices a sheep. Who knows? May be he is hairy.

I give one example of Purana's one of the stupidest imagination, try to picture it, and you will be petrified, amazed, nervous, anxious, speechless : God Vishnu, the preserver, the goodness God, satwaguna,  live in Baikuntha Loka (description later), light blue in complexion, four hands, Sankha, chakra, Gadha, Padhma(Conch, Wheel, Punishing stick, Lotus) in four hands, in vast CASUAL ocean of KSHIRA sagara, on top of a 1000 head snake, which is coiled perfectly for his soft, sophisticated bed, lying in half sleep, half meditation, half smiling, also called YOGA NINDRA, in a cosmic sleep focused on his INFINITE  reality if his own identity,  one leg folded other stretched, which is simultaneously being rubbed by his beloved wife, Laxmi, who is also the Goddess of wealth. His cloth are Pitambara, gold in color and his breath is like perfumes of fresh roses in the Garbodhak Ocean in vast and Kshir sagara which is milk-like, whitest of white in color, unachievable purity,  is at the bottom of the Universe. He wears Vaijayanti mala(garland), very precisely described, coming up to his waist, has five segments, of five rows, and the fragrance shows the elements found within his material, visual manifestation. He also wears his sacred string, made of three threads, is said to indicate the three letters of the hallowed word AUM. He has 1008 names(actually millions and millions but 1008 are more representative than others)each of them have different meaning like Keshav (the preserver), Madhav (the knower of all knowledge or all-knowing as they say), Rishikesha (Lord of senses). If he just breath too loud with intention, the whole universe will blow away into dust, for him the whole vast universe is like a mustard grain. Although not needed, he can travel with speed of mind, however he has a vehicle, Garuna, actually a hybrid one, half man and half eagle color like a molten gold, hates snakes, pray on them(I don't know if he can swallow the 1000 headed Shesha), can speak like Vedas, of Ananta (eternal) God who is not bound by time, as he made time. He has no moustache and beard. I am not sure why. Probably TOPAZ is not sold there. This mere description of God Vishnu is just like showing light to sun or taking a mug full of water from ocean. The exact and whole description, is thought to be impossible even in 1000 years, with 100 heads snake speaking from all his mouths at the same time in the speed of light.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *