Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Letter

Recently got a letter from my school principal, K. P. Ghimire. Very melancholic letter...He reminded me of our past days, how I was an intregal part of the school establishement, how he got into the circle of creating a examplary Boarding school system and how he regarded me his best students ever, even after so many years. He sold the school. It is sad. He worded it different, he said he transfered the ownership to a reputed, capitalistic school group in Nepal called NIST. If that still made me sad, I don't think, wording it different made it easier for him. He had his life's investment on it, not just money. He also told me about financial losses, and how he did not do anything for profit but for social, educational sophistication in modern Nepal. I am not very business minded but I could feel his pain. I understand how deeply ambitious he was, how hard he tried, how he did not leave any stone unturned. I don't want him to think that its was a failure. I wish not to call it a failure. The school has produced many brilliant students, have heard that most of them are doing well.

He wants me to send him my hand written Nepali letter. He wants to know my comment about it. So sweet of him, he was only of my many beloved teachers, who thought I could be an interesting creative writer. We had few minor confrontations, but he is a good human, who ask about his student, who cared to write to a student out of thousands he taught, and whom he could have easily forgetton. He always said hand-written letters are the best.

I sure remember how we were teased that the school's name "Panchakumari Boarding" and it was not an "only girls" school. What is in the name anyway? I have seen many criminals named Jesus. It was an ironly, alright.
When I remember him, I think of his hard work, dedication and his big ambition to make that school system a legendary one. He writes- we can't get anything sooner and anything more than what has alreday been written in fate. Oh God!! I am a big believer. True- not all good works get success, not all dedications bring fortune, not all Karma brings fruits. It is the system. It is very sad, very unfair. I don't agree with this system but I guess that is God's way.

Man can fall in love with anything, even with soulless things, sometimes, memories and dreams. It is all good. No harm in that. It creates a senstive human-super human. Insesntive, loveless people are just like old, broken chairs abandoned in Highways. Loves brings the best in us. Love brings senstivity, peace, creativity, sprituality, energy and a quest for living. When I will go back and not find my childhood school, my heart will ache. Life goes on, people are born, they die, new people will be born. Memories will deepen in the innermost core of any sensitive person, anywhere he goes in the existance. I hope things go better for him. I have to write a Nepali letter, after a long time, and even as stuborn, and overly confident as I am with my abilities in Nepali language, I feel hesitatation to write to a teacher, who taught me the basics of nepali literature.

I will pray; God will bless him in his future quest.

18th July, 2011
Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *