Sunday, August 12, 2012

Swinging With Krishna's Jhula


Been busy lately. Much on list... Few days ago wanted to write about ‘songs of songs’ but then Krishnaastami followed. Krishna has left in all Indian subcontinents in awe. He is often compared with Christ and other. A true statement rather would be all other saints, greats, gods, prophets and gurus are compared with him. He is a criterion himself.  I think the existence of such superhuman is almost impossible and it seems to me it is more a myth and story than history like everything else. Krishna, often called Lord Krishna is  a poet, warrior, king, prophet, incarnation of God, chariot driver, cowboy, lover, a ‘big brother’, husband of 1600 wives, a Yadav, big politician, diplomat, musician, tactician, evil slayer,…. And many more…you name it, he has got it.

How likely is it possible to have a man like that? He is everywhere and anywhere. He has done everything possible. He is the greatest all-rounder man has ever read about. Although he was a cow-herder 500 years ago in Brindaba, he was the knower of all truths, he declared Bhagwat Gita to human kind. Reading Gita unprejudcily makes one really wonder about truths of life. Comparatively, it is like reading thousands of ‘Sermon on the mount.’ He has the juice of everything; it is like drinking cocktail of all the sweet nectars of the world. Mostly people look into messenger than message …that what happened slowly with Krishna and such. His messages have not been followed, it is hard to follow, but it contains the deep truth our heart knows. We all know the message but he delivers, rather manifest in Gita so beautifully. I believe when, where and how the sermon was delivered is important.

People are much attracted by miracle and such. Sometime, even a craziest of Hindu does not know much about Krishna. All they know is he was a miracle performing, ‘Radha lover’ who also killed an evil guy named Kansa. All they know is he is considered one of the incarnations and he delivered Gita in the battlefield. My childhood days, I spent reading Gita and Mahabharata numerous numbers of times. My first reading is always light, actually scan. My second and third reading is usually, heavy, critical, comparative, and error searching. If more than that I read, I am immensely impressed. This books is one of my favorites. I loved this guy too. He was the best debater, anchor, diplomat, a mentor and healer. I felt ecstasy of being in Brindaban or Gokul with him and how sweet is it to swing in his memory like every Jhula Utsav my mother took me to, I enjoyed watching people swinging cradle. ‘Bhakti’ is what they call it. My mother took me few times to Ghattekula and Battisputali, where they would have just swung a baby Krishna cradle. Baby Krishna was/is probably the most loved baby in India, and his mischievous, troublesome childhood is also even praised as the greatest inspiration and moments.

I always wished I was lucky as Arjuna who heard him speak the greatest sermon of all, in middle of battlefield. I wish there was someone in such great internal struggles, where God would himself say- DO THIS and DON’T DO THIS. A friend who acts like a servant, who drives your chariot and gives the meaning to life, a friend who indeed in a friend in need, a well-wisher who not only wishes but does action, who does not only bash his sermon on the mouth but performs his duty, who is there in talk and in walk, a prophet who knows past, present and future, a miracle performer who asks to perform duty till death in favor of Dharma and not wait for reward, even of heaven, who teaches Karma for Dharma, who not only yell a line or two from Bible or Koran but actually shows it, who “becomes” it, a student who has studied about God and spirituality and not only claims he is saved because he is saved in a strange manner, either by confessing that he loved his neighbor’s wife or by proclaiming someone to be God, or by having multiple wives, a helper who would help when you are down and shows the real meaning of heaven. Really I am very wishful that someone like that existed in real life not in Brindaban or Galilee or Gokul, or in Mathura, or in Arunachal but in real. One can read Gita zillions of times still forgets the main theme of it. I would love to lead a life where there was a mentor, an advisor and not a scripture paraphrasing, hymn roting, self-proclaimed priests and religious people. I despise them heartily.

08-12-2012
Irving, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *