Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day ...


An unusual, rare, quiet traffic was the highlight of the day. Memorial day for  many may be thinking about fallen people serving the nation, but for some it is some good day to go by the pool and barbeque the night. In KERA tv, there is a gloomy music playing and letters from dead soldiers are being read, sad, melancholic, fearful but romantic. As they are hiding in their foxholes, they are thinking about their wives and children and glimpse of hope would run through their veins, and they see rainbow in a lightless sky, I don’t know how. The letters usually depicting fear and death, very rarely, has some hope that they would make it to the end and return back to their loved ones. I say to myself, there is nothing more painful than a false hope.

Since I don’t have talking company, and its memorial day, I need to look for some cheap laptops to replace my destroyed apple. As I lay here and write, the narrator is reading a  letter from 1941 from a nurse- “My ear hurts from the bombing nearby but I have to take care of these wounded men. It is awful, and it looks like there are more wounded soldiers coming in future... One night I was tucking in this young wounded soldier, he said- my mom always kissed me good night. With compassion I kissed him on his forehead, and covered his face with the blanket. And I hear MOMMY!…MOMMY!  We want it too….

And another one said- I have to kill another man and feel free. I ask- do GOD love individually taking side or act in collective good in general? If God is just a spectator and not an intervener? 

28 May 28, 2012
Irving Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *